August 1, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
There is a particular line in this piece of research from Forrester that really resonates with me – ‘customer experience is a business discipline, not a bumper sticker.’
To move your business model to a customer-centric one, there are 3 key initiatives to trigger:
- Personnel – Customer Experience is not free and does not magically appear one day. You have to make it happen and having a team responsible for it ensures that this will happen.
- Budget – having a pool of funds dedicated specifically to Customer Experience also ensures that things get done. If you have to account for it, it’s more likely you’ll approach it seriously.
- Strategy – winging it from week-to-week is not going to cut it. No is ‘we want to delight our customers’. If you can’t measure it, you don’t know if it works or not
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)