July 16, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
From what I have seen, Social Media tends to evolve organically within most organisations – what started out as a Twitter handle to answer customer queries and a facebook page to push messaging out gradually morphs into a hybrid of the two across multiple social properties.
One of the easiest ways to inject strategic direction into this and help the organisation see Social Media from an editorial point of view is to have an editorial calendar (otherwise known as a content calendar).
It’s not as hard as it seems – especially when you have the Content Marketing Institute (@Junta42) as your wingman! This piece was developed by Michele Lin (@michelelin) at CMI – it not only gives a really good example of a Content Plan, but also ways to implement it to fit in with your customers buying cycle.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)