May 17, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
Which one do you value more….
INFLUENCE or ADVOCACY ?
Whilst I see a lot of effort being thrown toward ‘influencers’ – trying to identify them, their reach and credibility in order to access their followers. The fact is, it is their influence, not yours that they are peddling.
Advocacy, on the other hand, is a more organic and faithful representation of a brand/product/service. An advocate isn’t interested in the media hype, huge volumes of followers or radio interviews. They like your brand because you fit with what they want, your service has pleased them or the product they bought from you exceeded their expectations.
Surely P Diddy actually buying your Vodka is worth a whole lot more than you giving it to him?
@Britopian wrote this about the subject recently……
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)