April 3, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
So…you’ve just spent the past week building your report that shows what impact Social Media will have on your business? But what is it that you are actually measuring?
It’s fair to say that counting likes. re-tweets and fan growth is not going to be enought to justify Social investment in the long term. But how do you make that quantum leap from metrics like this to ones that mean something?
Hubspot (@hubspot) have an opinion on this – you can break it down to 4 categories:
- Activity metrics
- Response metrics
- Efficiency metrics
- Value metrics
Remember – adjust this framework to what is important to your own business and you’re on your way!
What metrics/variables do YOU use to measure your Social Media efforts?
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)