April 2, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
Now that Social Media is all grown up it seems that everyone wants it to move out of home and earn its keep.
To help push this baby out of the nest, I’m going to devote this week to measurement and ROI.
Just like parenting, there are more opinions on ‘what’s right’ than there are Social Media experts. When all is said and done, the main thing to remember is that it’s all about what’s right for you – for your company, for what you are trying to achieve and how Social Media fits into the bigger picture.
Enough of the Martha Stewart already, let’s kick this week off talking about Google’s new Social Analytics feature.
This article from TechCrunch (@techcrunch) gives a good overview of the types of information Google’s Analytics will help you measure (such as clicks at the ‘zero moment of truth’ v ‘assisted conversations’)
If you have a meeting with the powers that be this afternoon and need to justify what you’re doing – this will give you a robust answer and still leave you time to go and grab some sushi!
This article from TechCrunch
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)