March 19, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
I’ve seen it declared quite a few times that ‘2012 is the year Social Media goes mainstream’. I completely agree but what does this mean?
Simple – Social Media is not facebook or Twitter or Pinterest or blogs. The whole web is social. The web is also mobile, meaning that the internet is not something we go ‘to’ but something that is with us everywhere we go.
Think about that for a minute……
It means that the economy has moved from one where customers seek out businesses (search, SEO, SEM) to one where businesses have to seek out customers (content, shareability, relevance).
This article that was published on Business2Community a few weeks ago goves a really good overview of the shift from Social Media to Social Business, what this means and why it is so important for your company.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)