March 15, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
I’ve included this one because it’s a good read about the ‘us’ and ‘them’ mentality starting to invade Social Media.
If you work your way through the checklist Jon Morrow (@JonMorrow) has provided in his article on Copyblogger and find yourself answering ‘yes’ to most of them, you are officially part of the problem!
Some of the indicators of Social Snobbery include:
- you know your Klout score by heart
- you’ve just spent more than 5 minutes trying to think of something witty to say on Twitter
- you unfollow friends because they don’t tweet your posts
All good fun until you realise that the serious side to this is the disconnection it causes.
File this article, refer back to it on a regular basis and self-correct as neccessary.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)