March 13, 2012 by thatsocialmediathing
Meeting with the MD in half an hour?
Trying to get buy-in for your newly drafted Social Media Policy?
Can’t face another ‘death by PowerPoint’ moment?
It suggests dividing employees into groups to make Social Media training more focussed according to their level of skill.
For a quick laugh before your meeting, name 2 people on your floor who fit the following profiles:
- The Digital Native : the ones who grew up with technology and Social Media as part of their everyday life. Still young enough to wear skinny jeans.
- The Savvy Technologist : the early adopters who love exploring new digital frontiers. Forever emailing links to tech-y websites to the whole department.
- The Reluctant User : they know what Facebook is but are not regular users of Social Media. Often heard referring to it as The Social Media, The Facebook or The Twitter.
- The Digital Contrarian : this group don’t really buy into the whole digital age. They see Social Media as a waste of time and still own a Nokia 3210 handset.
- The Digital Newbie : new to Social and the digital world but eager to learn. Have 3 apps downloaded onto their iPhone.
Caramello Koala to the first person to submit their answers!
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)